CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweet Abby

We had a special opportunity to be a part of a baptism. Here is a quick version of the story. We have been taking 2 girls who are daughters of good friends of ours, who are not members of our church, to our ward with us. One of the girls turned 8 last month and begun reading the Book of Mormon every day and expressed to her parents that she wanted to be baptized. Spencer and I then got the missonaries over to her home and have been teaching the family. Last Sunday Spencer was able to baptize her. Her whole family was there...tearful and feeling the spirit. We pray that the family will follow in this little girl's example. The REASON I titled this entry "Sweet Abby" is about 20- minutes before leaving for the baptism I found Abby in the office writing on paper. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was writing a letter to Madison (the girl who was being baptized). This is the letter she wrote (all on her own):
Dear Madison, I hope you had fun getting baptized. You are now the cleanest person on earth. I am so happy to hear that you are reading your scriptures everyday. Now if you make a sin you can ask Heavenly Father for forgiveness and that sin will be washed away. If you continue to stay clean and repent of your sins you will go and live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the Celestial Kingdom. I'll see you in the Celestial Kingdom! Love, Abby.
I was touched by Abby's letter to this girl that I told her she needed to write it in the new Quad Scripture set that we bought for her. I just love this sweet Abby girl and feel very blessed and honored to be her mother.

1 comment:

marcee said...

Oh my gosh- so dang sweet!